Prelude to a Mad Wedding

Thoughts on organizing THE bulate wedding

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

To guest sheet or not to guest sheet


Okay, what have I been doing these past 2 months?

1. Invitation
We decided on a DIY invitation to cut costs and of course, to utilize the very simple and elegant designs here in Japan. We completed the first insert (attached here) and we are still pondering on what to do with the other inserts: Entourage, Reception details (map) and something else.

2. Wedding favors
I'm almost done with the trinkets but I still need time for the embroideries. I was thinking of embroidering our names as a charm for the trinkets but it just takes a lot of time to complete the stitches. I just don't have the heart to let someone else do the embroidery as I feel uncomfortable of not finishing something I have started.
Packaging for the wedding favors are also very important to me, so I shopped for beautiful packaging stuff. It is really, really very advantageous to utilize the many, many, many choices for packaging here in Japan, things we cannot find easily and cheaply back home in the Philippines. I'll include a picture of the products when I complete them.

3. Guest Sheets
Tins suggested the guest sheets last night and I thought it was a very, very good idea (Thanks tin! mwahh!). But after a short chat with the other bulate, it would be redundant to have our guests fill up a guest sheet because of the presence of the guest book. But I just loved the idea soooo much we decided to do the same thing as what my friend Yukie did on her wedding party: shoot a polaroid picture of the guest and have the guest write some personal message below the picture. I'll have to think more about this. I checked kakaku.com for instant cameras and they are not expensive at all. It won't be much of a dent on our budget even if we decide to drop this idea later on.

4. Theme: we decided on the clover theme (obvious with our invite) and expect our stationaries with clovers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home